6/26/2009

Tomato salad with greek yogurt ( Insalata di pomodori con yogurt greco)


I keep on going with summer and easy recipes, this one is so tasty according to me.

It remember me of my summers at university where I share an apartment not far from the sea with some Greek and English students: we had so much fun together, parties, tea times, plain dinners that became a fancy mix of food from our countries.

Now I start to become over-sentimental so let's go with the salad!

You can decide measures quite roughly, don't need weights :)


You need:


red and ripe tomatoes, I usually prefer San Marzano (the ones long and thin with less seeds that you can see in the picture)


fresh basil leaves


salt


pepper if you like


extra-virgin olive oil


a garlic clove if you like


greek yogurt, how much it depends on how many you are but I use roughly a big spoon of yogurt for each serve


Cut tomatoes in tiny cubes, put them in a bowl with their sauce, add salt, pepper, oil, garlic and the basil leaves well washed.

Mix well, add the greek yogurt, mix again and let rest in fridge for about a couple of hours mixing now and then.

Greek yogurt is really thick but mixed with oil and tomato sauce it will get dilute and your tomatoes will be covered with a tasty creamy sauce, quick and really healthy!
It's perfect with grilled meat or fish, with hamburgers or other dishes.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento